We’ve probably all heard a variant of “Walk with the wise and you become wise, but the companion of fools fares badly.” Or “If you show me who your friends are, I’ll tell you who you are?” One of the things that we do in Brotherhood and Membership (BAM!) is to help share the story of the great men that have walked this way before us.
DeMolay has had an incredible impact on the lives of millions of men. As part of Brotherhood and Membership (BAM!), we will share biographies and profiles of some Senior DeMolays who have gone on to do extraordinary things, and DeMolays who have done ordinary things in an extra special way!
When we ask people to name famous Senior DeMolays they will say Walt Disney, John Steinbeck, Mel Blanc, The Honorable Tom Cole, Edgar Mitchell, and Lance Sijan among others. We share with members of BAM! Their life stories and what they have been able to do.
Yet, more importantly, are the people who have gone on to do amazing things today. Some of the stories that we share:
– Geoff from Georgia who is serving as an Assistant District Attorney.
– Austin from Tennessee who is a practicing pediatrician
– Chris from New York who specializes in gerontological care
– Mike from Oregon who is a successful Army Pilot and served several tours of duty in the Middle East
– Alan from Maryland who runs a very successful public accounting firm.
– Ben from California who works with college students in leadership programs
– Eric from New York who works as a vice principal in an inner city school.
– Doug from Ohio who helped with recovery at the World Trade Center
– Matt from West Virginia who was part of the SpaceX Rocket launch
– Zach from Iowa who is an actor, talk show host and model in Beijing.
– Kevin from Ohio who is a successful dentist and dental health advocate with the ADA.
– Eric from Connecticut who is doing breakthrough research for a major tech company
– James from New Jersey who is an amazing music teacher, pit conductor, and musical director.
Each of them presents to us a great model of how to take the lessons of DeMolay and apply them to be successful as we exchange the crown of youth for the crown of manhood. Who would you feature in a hall of inspiring Senior DeMolays?