1. Visit with a local Chapter. Once you’ve found a Chapter near you (find out where our Chapters are located here), ask about some fun events you may attend. It’s helpful to get to know the members and learn more about the organization. The Chapter’s business meetings are normally “members only” but social events may be available for you to attend as a guest.
2. Obtain an application for membership. You can get a blank application here (.pdf). The application will ask for some basic information about you, and needs to be signed by two members of DeMolay recommending you for membership, and by your parents to give permission for you to join. As you get to know some of the members of your local Chapter they’ll be able to sign for you.
3. Submit your application. Your application will need to be accompanied by your Life Membership fee. DeMolay does not charge annual dues for membership. Life Membership fees are set by local Chapters, so ask your Chapter how much is due.
4. Formal acceptance. From the time you express interest in DeMolay membership, your local Chapter will likely welcome you at many of their events. Before you can be formally made a member, however, your application must be acted upon by the members. Representatives of the Chapter may ask to meet with you and your parents before the Chapter votes to make you a member.
5. Reception into DeMolay. DeMolay maintains many impressive traditions. Among them are the formal ceremonies (“degrees”) for receiving new members. Your local Chapter may confer these ceremonies locally or offer you an opportunity to take the DeMolay “obligations” immediately and see the full ceremonies later. Your parents and other adult relatives over 21 will be most welcome at these ceremonies.